Information - This PS4 Jailbreak has been updated and tested as of 11/28/17 and works on all PS4 original firmware's 5.01 and below.
Introduction – PS4 Jailbreak
Before you are able to jailbreak your ps4, you must first understand what a ps4 jailbreak does, in terms of legal and hardware.
- Legal: The warranty will be voided as soon as you remove the original firmware and switch to custom firmware. But, luckily the ps4 jailbreak can be reversed, and we show that at the end of the tutorial below.
- Hardware: Your ps4 console will be “unlocked”, it will be able to run homebrew applications. Usually only ps4 licensed software can be used on the console, but this opens it up to a whole wide range of possibilities, here are some; Run games without a disc, Use game mods and of course, run homebrew apps (Tutorials on how to perform these features can be found on this website).
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the what you use this jailbreak for, by following the steps below you acknowledge what you are doing, and accept full responsibility for any actions you have done.
- USB stick with 512MB free.
- The latest PS4 update which can be found here.
- A PS4 console which is compatible with this list.
- Winrar (optional) – Or any other extraction program.
Tutorial – Easy
Ensure your PS4 is updated to the latest Original Firmware (5.01), do that by checking system information.
It can be found here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/
Also confirm your console is compatible with this list.
Download the latest ps4 jailbreak firmware. By clicking the image below it will take you to the download page. At the same time, plug in your USB flash drive.
Extract the folder using Winrar. – Or any other extraction program.
Place the PS4 folder from the extracted folder on to the USB drives root directory. This folder contains the ps4 jailbreak for 3. ofw to cfw.
Plug the USB into the PS4 console (off), and then turn it on.
console has loaded, head to Settings – > System Update -> Update via Storage Media -> Proceed
This should take around 10 minutes to complete.
Now the console should be 3.50 cfw. And your ps4 should now be Jailbroken. Please share this tutorial if it was useful!
We do not condone pirating content. Please stick within the games terms and conditions when using modded features. Although there is nothing to stop you, we would you like you to make the right choice – Thanks.