Information - This PS3 Jailbreak has been updated and tested as of 11/28/17 and works on all PS3 original firmware's 4.82 and below.
Introduction – PS3 Jailbreak
Before you are able to jailbreak your ps3, you must first understand what a ps3 jailbreak does, in terms of legal and hardware.
- Legal: The warranty will be voided as soon as you remove the original firmware and switch to custom firmware. But, luckily the ps3 jailbreak can e reversed, and we show that at the end of the tutorial below.
- Hardware: Your ps3 console will be “unlocked”, it will be able to run homebrew applications. Usually only ps3 licensed software can be used on the console, but this opens it up to a whole wide range of possibilities, here are some; Run games without a disc, Play MKV files, Use game mods and of course, run homebrew apps (Tutorials on how to perform these features can be found on this website).
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the what you use this jailbreak for, by following the steps below you acknowledge what you are doing, and accept full responsibility for any actions you have done.
- USB stick with 256MB free.
- The latest PS3 update which can be found here.
- A PS3 console which is compatible with this list.
- Winrar (optional) – Or any other extraction program.
Tutorial – Easy
Ensure your PS3 is updated to the latest Original Firmware (4.82), do that by checking system information.
It can be found here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps3/
WORKS FOR 4.82
Also confirm your console is compatible with this list.
Download the latest ps3 jailbreak firmware. By clicking the image below it will take you to the download page. At the same time, plug in your USB flash drive.
Extract the folder using Winrar. – Or any other extraction program.
Place the PS3 folder from the extracted folder on to the USB drives root directory. This folder contains the ps3 downgrade for 4.82 ofw to 3.55 ofw.
Plug the USB into the PS3 console (off), and then turn it on.
Once the console has loaded, head to Settings – > System Update -> Update via Storage Media -> Proceed
This should take around 10 minutes to complete.
Now the console should be 3.55 ofw. You should now be able to install custom firmware on your device. To do this, power off your console and remove the USB stick, and plug it into your computer.
Drag the UPDATE folder into the PS3 folder, and accept overwrites. Now that the USB has 4.82 cfw, you need to plug it back into the console, and Update via Storage Media again.
You should now have 3.55 cfw installed on your PS3. Now that you have this, we recommend you setup FTP to enable you to transfer files back and forth from your computer to your console via the network.
Check out This Guide on how to do that.
We do not condone pirating content. Please stick within the games terms and conditions when using modded features. Although there is nothing to stop you, we would you like you to make the right choice – Thanks.
How to restore custom ps3 jailbreak back to ps3 original firmware
For whatever reason, you may want to install original firmware back onto your PS3, this could be due to a new game coming out with anti-cheat system.
All you need to do to revert back is to install the original firmware from the playstation website.